The spring real estate market is an excellent time to sell your home. Buyers are looking to take advantage of the added choices that are available on the market and eager to get back to house hunting after the winter. As the premier real estate agent for homes for sale in Springfarm-Yorkhill, I would like to offer you the following tips on how to properly stage your home for a Spring sale.
Regardless of the time of year that you want to sell a home, you are going to need to do a deep clean. This clean involves more than just a simple dusting and vacuum. When preparing your home for a sale, it is important to incorporate the following into your deep clean:
- Clean all windows, screens, curtains and blinds.
- Do a deep carpet clean to remove any stains or excess dirt.
- Power wash the outside of your home and all walkways to remove any dirt.
Fresh flowers add a touch of class to any home. After a long winter, add a splash of colour and some fresh fragrance at your next open house. Display fresh flowers in multiple rooms throughout your home to wow interested homebuyers.
Have a look at your home accessories - do they scream spring to you? If the answer is no, you may want to think about changing them up before putting your home on the market. Changing your accessories is a rather inexpensive way to get your home ready for a spring sale. Home accessories to change include:
- Throws and pillows – think about adding some spring colours.
- Bedspreads and sheets – try to go with lighter, airier colours rather than dark ones. This is not only refreshing, but lighter colours will also open the room.
- Add candles – try to find scented candles that offer a fresh but not overpowering smell. The added light and hint of fragrance will make any room in your home feel more like spring.
- A nice mix of apples in the fruit bowl (red and green) can give another splash of colours and provide another added touch of freshness to your home.
Take advantage of the longer days and warmer temperatures when staging your home. Open your windows and even your doors to let in the cool spring air. An open door is a welcoming sign for any potential homebuyer and the fresh air will make your home that much more appealing.
These staging tips will have your home ready for the Spring real estate market in no time. If you are interested in other great ways to stage your home or are thinking about listing your home, please contact me today. I would love to help you get full market value for your home. I look forward to being a part of your sales team soon.